THE ENROLLMENT PROCESS
When you enroll your company in E-Verify, you need to tell us some basic information about your company and agree to the rules of our program. During the enrollment process, you will:
- Answer four yes/no questions to determine your access method
- Select your organization designation if your company is a federal contractor or other special category
- Review, acknowledge, and agree to the memorandum of understanding (MOU) (PDF)
- Enter your company details
- Enter your North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) Code
- Provide hiring site information
- Register E-Verify program administrator(s)
- Review and certify the information you entered
- Print your electronically signed MOU
1. Visit Enrollment Website and Accept Terms
You can enroll in E-Verify through the enrollment website. You must read and agree to the terms explained before you may continue. Then review the enrollment checklist and be sure you have all of the required information before you click "Begin E-Verify Enrollment."
2. Determine Your Access Method
An access method provides companies with different functions within E-Verify. The four access methods are employer, E-Verify employer agent, corporate administrator, and Web services.
E-Verify will guide you through four questions to help determine which access method is right for your company. Read the questions carefully because errors can delay us from approving your company's enrollment. Each access method includes an explanation and a question for you to answer. You'll need to answer all four questions in order to continue.
3. Review and Confirm Access Method
E-Verify gives you an opportunity to review your enrollment answers and to confirm that the access method selected fits your company's needs.
4. Select Your Organization Designation
Certain types of organizations have unique E-Verify requirements so it's important for us to know if your company is a federal contractor with or without the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) E-Verify clause or a federal, state or local government organization. If you select one of those categories, you may be asked additional questions related to that category. If none of those categories applies to your company, you should select 'None of these categories apply.'
5. Review and Agree to the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU)
Review your company's obligations as explained in the MOU and indicate whether that you agree with the terms. You will be given the opportunity to download a copy of your electronically signed MOU at the end of the enrollment process.
6. Enter MOU Signatory Information
Enter the contact information of the person who electronically signed the MOU on the preceding page. You're also given the opportunity to designate this person as an E-Verify program administrator.
7. Enter Company Information
Enter your company details, including your company's name, parent organization, physical verification location, mailing address, employer identification number and total number of employees. If you are enrolling your company in E-Verify employer access and you would like to link this account to an existing corporate administrator account, you may do so.
8. Enter or Select North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) Code
Enter the first three digits of your company's NAICS code if you know it. If you do not know your company's NAICS code, you can leave the NAICS code field blank and click "Generate NAICS code."
9. Provide Hiring Site Information
Enter the number of hiring sites that will participate in E-Verify for each state. Do not include sites that will not participate in E-Verify. Remember, while you are free to choose E-Verify participation on a site-by-site basis, your company must use E-Verify for all newly hired employees at each participating site.
10. Register E-Verify Program Administrators
During enrollment, you can register as many program administrators as you would like, however, you must register at least one. If you indicated earlier that your MOU signatory should also be a program administrator, that person is listed though you can choose to add more. After enrollment, your program administrator(s) can register general users and additional program administrators.
11. Review and Certify Information
Please review the information you've provided because errors can cause delays in approving your enrollment. If you need to change any information, you can do so before you certify and submit your enrollment.
12. Print Signed Memorandum of Understanding (MOU)
The enrollment confirmation page confirms that we have received your enrollment information. Before you go, be sure to print a copy of the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) you electronically signed. We recommend you share it with your human resources manager, legal counsel and other appropriate staff.